Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré As I have established when talking about anything Harry Potter here on Goodreads, I cannot write an unbiased review. I cannot even write a biased review, only ramblings about my adoration for the series.

Every so often when I'm sick in bed; a little depressed; or just generally cold and want nothing more than to snuggle up with blankets and forget the world for a few days, I go on a Harry Potter marathon. I read every single one of the books - in order - over the course of around two days (I've read them so often that I can devour them in almost a single go now) followed by as many of the films as I can fit into the time I have left, before I'm forced back into reality.

I am one of the Harry Potter generation. I was four when this first book was published, fourteen when the series concluded, and around the same age as the characters in the films when they eventually came out. I still remember my mother insisting that I was too young to read The Philosopher's Stone (at the age of 5) and so I hid it under the sofa cushions so I could read in secret anyway.

I don't think I could pick a favourite Harry Potter book. The answer would change depending on my mood, on the weather, on the time of day, on whatever I felt like reading at the time. That being said, I think I would pick Prisoner of Askaban the most often. This is the book where he meets Sirius! How could it not be one of the best? The only book where Voldemort is not the primary plot-point, the only book that breaks all its own rules and brings in time travel, the first book where it shows Harry and Hermione as friends even without Ron, the book where we meet Lupin (and of course Sirius, my all-time favourite character don't even get me started on the Order of the Phoenix, that ending was so not ok)...